Monday, December 17, 2007

December 17

Good morning! I am not sure what my problem was but I forgot my camera again both Saturday and Sunday. So, I guess youre stuck with a narrative review of the weekend's progress. Sorry...
Saturday was beautiful and chilly, but not bad enough to stop progress. My goal was to install the woodstove ceiling support box but I ended up having some problems with the single-wall pipe. Also, I didnt want to cut a hole in my roof before I purchased the (expensive) double-walled piping and cap. So, I built the mantle and determined where the slate would be placed. I screwed around on some other stuff too..
On Sunday I mudded the slate tile so now it sits. In the cold weather I expect it to take 24+ hours to set. Once that was completed I finished up the final, much-delayed gable end. Now all I need is a door!

I am not sure what the plan will be the next couple weeks because of our holiday plans. My folks are coming to town on Saturday for nearly a week, then Stacie's folks come for a few days too! Unless Tom and Bob feel like climbing on an icy roof, progress will not likely occur until the new year.

Until then, Merry Christmas!

No comments: