Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday

Happy Monday,
This weekend was another quiet one as I have no great news to share... nothing that would make a great video or even a blog post, but I will try anyways.



Friday afternoon we went and visited a local cabinetry maker to help decide on the style of cabinet doors/faces and wood type. We are pretty much set on a shaker style face but the wood and stain are not know just yet. We still have alot of homework to do so tht was my big plan for the weekend.

Saturday was spent going over my rough floor plan to finalize the kitchen space and entry. Now that I have the exact kitchen dimensions, I can get an acurate quote from the cabinetry folks. Wood type and color? Almost there...

We went and checked out our options for the counter top and to get basic cost per foot. If I had my choice, I would probably go with the Dupont Zodiaq (Quartz) top as it will not crack, stain, and needs no maintenance. Granite is pretty sweet too. No Corian for me since it can stain and is not heat-resistant. Zodiaq is a little more than granite (starts at $60/sq. ft.) but its the finest.

As for appliances, we have our eye on the GE line. Last time we went with the Frigidaire Professional Series and we found it to be a quality product, but this time I would like to check out GE. We'll see....

Here is my latest draft of the floor plan. I am trying to keep things simple and realistic - and affordable. The kitchen cabinetry layout is not determined yet so I just plugged some cabinets in there to see the kitchen footprint. The loft will consist of one large room (Erica's room) and a full bath. There will also be a full unfinished basement.

This is going to be a long year....

No comments: