Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Beam me up Scotty

 
I had a special visitor come to town recently and some of you may recognize him. This is Scott - my counterpart emergency manager from neighboring Okanogan County (WA). Scott was in town for the Rocky Mountain StarTrek Convention and Annual Trekkie meet held in Kalispell, MT. Scott was actually the keynote speaker at the event as he is the largest collector of Star Trek collectables this side of the east coast. His topic of discussion was about the new generation of Trekkies and how the internet influences character variants and inaccuracies. What a topic... Although I am not a Star Trek fan, I was surprised on how many people recongnized him on the streets of Kalispell. What a celebrity!

Thanks for visiting Scott..!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: